BUSINESS SUPPORT INTERN
- Are you curious about how a business functions?
- Do you like working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment?
- Do you consider yourself a top-performer?
- Are you a self-starter who enjoys learning?
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Process and Systems Mapping – Familiarity with the development and application of process and system mapping to identify the intersection of people, activities, and outcomes as a means for continuous improvement.
- Critical Thinking – Making reasoned judgments that are logical and well-thought out. It is a way of thinking in which you don't simply accept all arguments and conclusions you are exposed to but rather have an attitude involving questioning such arguments and conclusions.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
The Business Support Intern will support the people and processes related to:
- Event Management and/or Event Set Up
- Customer Service
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Campus Operations Support
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Communicating Across Functions — Communicate with people at different levels in the organization by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Internal & Business Operations – Collaborate with internal operations staff to identify projects, conduct research, create materials, and lead the identified projects through completion.
- Client Services – Collaborate with client services manager and associates to support scheduling, customer service, and event management systems including front desk coverage, campus tours, and client inquiry emails.
- Current sophomore or junior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business or related to business.
- Experience through course work or work experience providing an understanding of project management, process management, and research methodology is beneficial.
- Superior professional presence is expected.
- Available to work 15-20 hours per week while attending school full time.
- Ability to work during non-school hours (summers and scheduled school breaks) is a plus.
- Available for at least one year or through graduation.
- Excellent writing and PC skills; must be proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- This position operates in a professional office environment – standing, sitting, and walking typically inside a building.
- Routinely using standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, and photocopiers.
- Periodic lifting up to 25 lbs. may be required during events.
This position is classified as non-exempt/hourly. The hourly wage is $12/hour.
- This engagement also includes extensive development opportunities to the student, including:
- Weekly coaching/mentoring conversation on student’s personal development.
- Immediate feedback on assignments and project deliverables.
- Shadowing/Participation in weekly and monthly team meetings.
- Shadowing/Participation in project meetings.
- Opportunity to shadow other functional roles of the business (i.e., accounting, HR, marketing/PR, customer service, event management, product management, etc.)
- Opportunity to participate in Aileron’s services. Examples of such services can be found on our website at www.aileron.org
Students interested in the position should forward their resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through November 30, 2018.